According to town records, ownership includes:
• Town of Killingworth, 2000-present
• Anthony J. Bosco, 1994-2000
• Maria Bosco, 1956-1994
• Edward T. and Martha McGrath, 1948-1956
• Anna Bertha Pavelka, 1936-1948
• Frank Pavelka, 1922-1936
• John Pavelka, 1906-1922
• William Kathotka, 1904-1906 “…being homestead lately occupied by Horace Parmelee and jointly owned by Horace Parmelee and Eunice M. Parmelee.”
• Horace L. Parmelee and Eunice M. Parmelee, 1847-1904
Horace L. Parmelee to Eunice Parmelee. Three and a half acres “together with one half of the dwelling house thereon standing which is now in process of building, during her natural life for her the said Eunice Parmelee to use and occupy…” Vol. 28, p. 519, July 29, 1847.
Eunice Parmelee to Horace L. Parmelee. Three and a half acres. The parcel is described as bounded westerly by the Killingworth and Haddam Turnpike, northerly by the heirs of Oren Parmelee, easterly by highway, and southerly by Eunice Parmelee. The south line is a stone wall that runs the greater part of the way between the turnpike and old road (highway). Vol. 28, p. 264, July 29, 1847.
The above deeds show that Eunice Parmelee, mother of Horace’s wife Eunice M. Parmelee, sold property to Horace Parmelee bounded on the west by the Killingworth and Haddam Turnpike (now Route 81). Horace then deeded to Eunice half of the property and half of a house in the “process of building.” This indicates the house was built in 1847 and that Eunice Parmelee was allowed to occupy the house. Prior to this, Eunice, and probably Horace and Eunice M., lived in a house to the south, presumably the Josiah Parmelee house (1752). The “highway” or “old road” that runs behind the house is still present.