Book an Event
UPDATE – We have no more openings for Weddings in 2023.
All events should be booked well in advance with the Parmelee Farm Committee event coordinator, Eileen at [email protected]
Event bookings require a signed contract and security deposit unless waived by the committee. Forms ( downloadable to the right) and deposits may be mailed or dropped off to the Town Clerk’s Office.
VENUE USE FEES & DEPOSITS
Wedding/Large Event- Starting in 2024 – Wedding bookings are available for Killingworth residents and their family members.
- Venue Fee: $3500
Refundable Security Deposit: $1000 to secure the date. Will be refunded following the event if no issues or overtime required.
$50 non-refundable administrative fee
- Timing: 5-hour event, venue manager ( Included: 8am-11pm day of event; 2 hours day prior, 2 hours day after. Extra hours will be charged and deducted from security deposit)
- Includes: Pavilion, Pond Room, Venue Manager, restroom, golf cart, parking attendants, dumpster use, refrigerator, garbage receptacles, café heaters ( 4, must provide own 20lb propane tanks) white tulle column curtains (must install), cedar arbor, WiFi. Water and portable sink available at pavilion. The Pond Room is heated and air conditioned.
Pavilion Party ( Non-Wedding )
- Venue Fee: $550
Refundable Security Deposit: $300 to secure the date. Will be refunded following the event if no issues or overtime required.
$50 non-refundable administrative fee
- Timing: 3-hour event. One hour set up and one hour clean up. (Extra setup or clean up time will be charged and deducted from security deposit)
- Includes: Pavilion, Pond Room, restroom, golf cart, dumpster use, parking attendants, refrigerator, garbage receptacles, café heaters ( 4, must provide own 20lb propane tanks) white tulle column curtains (must install), cedar arbor, WiFi. Water and portable sink available at pavilion. The Pond Room is heated and air conditioned.
- Venue Fee: $150
- Includes: flexible timed event, restrooms.
- Non-profits must provide parking attendants
Tables & Chairs are not included in the venue rentals. You may rent from an outside vendor, or contact the local Lions Club ( see below) for excellent pricing with set up and take down included. All profits go to its charity.
Pavilion Size: 100 ft x 44 ft
All events must end by 10:00 PM. The guest limit for the open-air pavilion is 150, unless given prior approval. Please inform guests that the venue is a short walk from the parking area. There is no parking directly at the pavilion ( except for caterers and handicapped drop-off) . The Farm has a four-person golf cart is available to transport guests. The drivers will be Parmelee Farm staff only.
If alcohol is served or available at any events, a liquor liability policy must be obtained.
Driving on the grass should be limited. The renting group is responsible for notifying vendors of this policy. Parking on the access road should be limited to two vehicles. Food trucks are allowed to park next to the pavilion with approval.
All buildings, except the restroom building (if applicable), and the gardens are off limits, unless noted.
The farm will remain open to the public during events. Parking and access to certain areas may be restricted.
The Killingworth Lions Club rents round (60″), round high top and rectangular banquet tables (8′ and 6′) and white, padded, resin chairs for a great price that includes set up and take down in the pavilion. To book table and chair rentals at Parmelee Farm please contact Guy Vecchitto by email at [email protected] or call 860‐663‐4227 and leave a message.
No open flames, candles, bonfires, fire pits, or charcoal grills. Caterers must remove all garbage from the area, unless dumpster included. No alcohol or food may be left on the premises overnight.
Smoking is prohibited everywhere on the property.
All decorations must be removed following the event. No nails, screws, tape or other fasteners are to be used. No aerosol string (such as Silly String), rice, bird seed, oats, or confetti may be used for any event.
Tables, benches, and any other farm property must be returned to their original location.
Any rocks on the property that are moved must be returned to their original location. Do not remove stones from walls. Keep off the stone walls.
Signage at the road front must be stand alone and not be affixed to any farm trees or signage.
No food or drinks may be sold or distributed at public events without approval of the Committee and the Killingworth Health Director.
Parking: The farm has a limited number of parking spaces. ADA-accessible and guest parking is limited to 50 spaces. Based on normal use, a wedding of 150 can be accommodated, as people tend to share rides.
All other guests and visitors must park off site. At no time should cars be parked in the driveway or block the entrance.
Special consideration may be made for Killingworth non-profit organizations who request use of the farm. The restroom fee will still apply and organizations must provide qualified parking attendants for a minimum of a half-hour prior to the event and be prepared to stay throughout if necessary. All other restrictions apply.